Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Who Knew?

Who knew that a paper shredder could be so zen, and that $54.97 could bring total enlightenment?

I live in a house that is 2 and a half steps away from being on an episode of Hoarders. My entire family are pack rats. In the interest of actually being able to use the entire four rooms that comprise my upstairs apartment I have been working on decluttering. Yesterday I bought a power paper shredder because I realized that my hand crank shredder, while eco friendly, was no match for the mountain chain ( yes, more than one mountain) of paper that needs to be shredded... Seriously its like the size of the Smokey mountain, Alps, and Adirondacks combined. There are documents in this house that predate my birth. After the first shredding I was hooked. Sure the machine is noisy, but the action is also extremely soothing. I actually can't wait to spend all of Friday shredding. I crave the catharsis. The only question now though, is where in Monmouth County can I dispose of all of the shreds?


Thanks to Walmart.com for the image

No comments:

Post a Comment