Friday, August 19, 2011

Leap!

Spontaneity continued to pay off this week. On a whim I applied for a preschool aide job on CareerBuilder.com late Saturday night, and by Tuesday at 5pm, I had the job. Change terrifies me, but I've decided that it is time to move forward in life. It is time for me to learn how to leap willingly.

Leaping willingly has always been a challenge for me, sometimes literally. Somewhere there exists a very embarrassing video in which my family and our friends spend 15 minutes trying to convince me to jump off of a cliff into the creek below. Eventually I sucked up my courage and took the plunge (and lived to tell), but during those 15 minutes I stood paralyzed on the edge, convinced I couldn't jump out far enough to avoid hitting the rocks below. I need to realize now that I won't hit the "rocks" and that I can try something new without feeling weighed down with dread.

I'm going to go leap into packing for Florida, and them I'm going to go dive back into the ADRC copy of the Momofuku Milk Bar that I got from Netgalley.com. I will be back sometime around the first of September with a review and hopefully not to many pounds gained back thanks to recipe experimenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment