Sunday, April 17, 2011

I Went Overboard!

In celebration of the fact that I could read for fun again, I visited the library the day after I finished grad school. I carefully constructed a list of books that I wanted to read that were available and a list of the books that I wanted to request/ put on hold. Both lists were REALLY long. In addition to going to the library I also belong to Bookswim and I received a new shipment the same day I brought home eight library books. Three days later the phone rang. The library had two books from my list ready and waiting for me. Two more days go by and the phone rings again; now they have four books waiting for me. This cycle has repeated over the last three weeks so I now have 3 BookSwim books and 15 library books at home. The Bookswim books haven't been touched because they don't have a due date and I feel like I am playing Russian Roulette with library due dates. The pile of books is stressing me out! Any time spent not reading feels wrong! So until further notice I will be reading as fast as I possibly can ...

Oh and Book Expo is in a month. I can feel the eye strain already!

No comments:

Post a Comment